The Consulate General of Mexico in Austin and the San Marcos Police Department, as a joint effort, are pleased to announce the operations of a 1-day Mobile Consulate in San Marcos, TX. Operations of the Mobile Consulate will take place on Saturday, May 11th, in the Sinai Pentecostal Church, located at 208 Laredo St., San Marcos, TX, 78666, starting from 9:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. Health screenings will only be available from 8:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
The program of Mexican Mobile Consulates is developed through visits to Mexican communities located in areas far from the consular headquarters. Mobile Consulates have as their main purposes:
- Detection of particular needs of Mexicans living in the area.
- Provide consular services.
- Detection of possible protection & legal cases.
- Promotion of the activities of the Institute of Mexicans Abroad.
- Provide free basic health checkups for the community.
- Maintain a constant dialogue with the community leaders.
- Build trust between the Mexican community and local law-enforcement authorities.
Regarding this Mobile Consulate, more than 200 people have scheduled an appointment for consular documentation services, such as issuance of Mexican passports, Consular IDs and Mexican voter IDs.
Please note, no more appointments are available for consular documentation services. However, no appointment is required to access consular protection services and free health screenings. Community resources, including health screenings, are free and open to the general public.