The City of San Marcos is encouraging qualified candidates to apply as firefighters for the San Marcos Fire Department. The City will conduct a Civil Service Examination in order to establish an eligibility list for Firefighters.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and not over thirty-five (35) years of age on the date of the entrance examination.
- Must be a high school graduate or have an equivalency certificate certified by the issuing agency (i.e.: Texas Education Agency). · Must possess a Basic (or above) Structure Fire Suppression Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection or documentation from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection stating that the candidate is certified as a firefighter on the date of examination.
- Must hold a Texas Department of State Health Services “DSHS” Emergency Medical Services Certification EMT-Basic or higher (National Registry, DSHS Licensed, or DSHS Certification) on the date of examination.
- Must be able to obtain a Class B Texas Driver’s License within one year of employment.
- Must comply with all applicable Civil Service Requirements and Regulations.
The City will offer applicants a practice day on Thursday, October 27, 2022 at the San Marcos Activity Center (Swim Portion), 501 E. Hopkins and/or Fire Station #5 (Ladder Climb/Ability Course), 100 Carlson Circle.
The Physical Ability Exercise will take place on Friday, November 4, 2022 at San Marcos Fire Station #5, 100 Carlson Circle.
Candidates must have applied online by October 21, 2022 and present a valid picture identification (i.e. driver’s license, ID card, etc.) to be admitted into the test site. Roll call will begin at 8:00 a.m. and promptly close at 9:00 a.m. Candidates not in attendance for roll call will not be permitted to take the test.
To learn more about the practice day and examination, as well as other requirements, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmarcostx/jobs/3727419/firefighter-notice-of-entrance-exam