Beginning Monday, Mar. 15, the Engineering & Capital Improvements Department will begin construction on the Uhland Road Improvement Project. Work is expected to be complete by late 2022, weather permitting.
The project will correct drainage issues along County Road, Uhland Road, and parts of River Road. Planned improvements include:
• Full-depth reconstruction of County Road and Uhland Road between Interstate 35 and approximately 200 feet south of the Aquarena Springs Drive intersection
• Widening of Uhland Road to meet current standards
• Installation of a stormwater drainage system along County Road and Uhland Road, including a new outfall to the Blanco River
• Sidewalk extension along Uhland Road from the Interstate 35 Frontage Road to Aquarena Springs Drive
• Upgrade of existing bus stops and addition of a third stop within project limits
• Improvements to water and wastewater system
• Roundabout construction to improve safety at the intersection at Uhland Road and River Road
Detours will be in place for drivers in phases throughout construction. A detour will also affect “The Bus” route three and will result in the temporary closure of three stops, beginning at the start of the project. Route three will continue down Aquarena Springs Drive and turn around at the River Oaks Villas Apartments, then head back to the station on the original route.
Disaster recovery funds received from the Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant in response to the 2015 floods will contribute $7.2 million dollars to the $8.3 million dollar project. The City will contribute the remaining $1.1 million in costs. The City contracted with Patin Construction, LLC, of Taylor, TX., to complete the construction work.
For more information on this project contact the Engineering & Capital Improvements Department at 512.393.8130 or visit www.sanmarcostx.gov/Uhland-Road-Improvements