Eastern Neighborhood Workshop
The Neighborhood Workshop for the Eastern Study Area was held on Saturday, April 11, 2015 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at KAD Store, 820 Sturgeon Drive in San Marcos.
On Saturday, April 11, 2015 residents from the Eastern Neighborhood study area worked together during a Neighborhood Workshop to identify:
- Appropriate places for improvements that implement the policies in the City's Comprehensive Plan, Vision San Marcos
- Areas that are susceptible to change
- Areas that make up the character of their neighborhood and are important to preserve
Review the maps and comments from this activity (PDF).
Workshop participants also brainstormed objectives that would apply 4 different Goals of the Comprehensive Plan in their neighborhoods by completing the following statements:
- In order to Direct Growth so it is Compatible with Surrounding Uses in our neighborhood, I suggest...
- In order to have a Multimodal Transportation Network that Improves Accessibility and Mobility and Minimizes Congestion ad Reduces Pollution in our neighborhood, I suggest...
- In order to have Diversified Housing Option to Serve Citizens with Varying Needs in our neighborhood, I suggest...
- In order to have a Differentiated Collection of Connected and Easily Navigated Parks and Public Spaces in our neighborhood, I suggest...
Review objectives that participants came up with (PDF) during the workshop.
Join the Conversation
Share a comment about the workshop.