@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- January 2 2021 - First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
- June 17 - Deadline to post notice of candidate filing deadline
- July 17 - First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot (Saturday "First Day" does not move; office hours not required) Candidate Packet can be found HERE
- August 3 - Ordinance Calling the Election (Last day to call is August 16, 2021)
- August 16 - Last Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot (5:00 p.m.)
- August 20 - Drawing of Candidate Name for Place on Ballot (12:00PM)
- October 4 - Last Day to Register to Vote (https://www.votetexas.gov/register/index.html) or (https://hayscountytx.com/departments/elections/resources/voter-registration-and-ballot-by-mail/)
- October 18 - First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance - Vote Center Locations
- October 22 - Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked)
- October 29 - Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 2 - Election Day - Vote Center Locations @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Candidates filing their application paperwork for the November 2, 2021 Election will be listed in this section. Candidate Information will include: 1) Application, 2) Appointment of Campaign Treasurer, 3) Financial Disclosure and 4) Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
- Application to file for Place on Ballot - General Election (PDF)
- Application to file for Place on Ballot - Special Election (PDF)
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer (PDF)
- Candidate Campaign Finance Report (PDF)
- Annual Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Code of Fair Campaign (PDF)
- UPDATED SECTIONS TO CODE OF ETHICS PERTAINING TO ELECTIONS/CAMPAIGN FINANCES @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The City of San Marcos contracts with the Hays County Election Administrator to conduct and oversee its elections.
The voting system that is used is the Verity Duo by Hart Intercivic. This voting system is the newest hybrid voting solution that merges the ease of touchscreen voting with the assurance of paper vote records. View the county’s election page for more information.