Business and Workforce Resources
Relief Program for Local Businesses - In collaboration with the City of San Marcos, the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce is helping distribute thousands of dollars to local businesses to help navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. The program, named Revive SMTX, will provide local businesses with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds.
Applicants will be eligible to receive up to $5,000 per business. The funds can be used for operational safety, sanitation training, personal protective equipment (PPE), and digital redesign for social distancing.
For more information regarding the program, please visit the Revive SMTX website.
On Friday, January 22, 2021, Governor Abbott announced a Small Business COVID-19 Rapid Testing Program. The program invited the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce to participate in the distribution of free BinaxNow rapid COVID-19 tests to small businesses in our community.
The program is part of the Nation’s Coronavirus Testing Strategy and designed to support the continued operation of small businesses in Texas. The Chamber will be provided with a select number of BinaxNow test kits which will be distributed to small businesses. Small businesses will have the opportunity to administer these tests to their employees. Learn more about this program through the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce's website.
Regions with 15% or lower COVID-19 hospitalization rates may reopen the following establishment to 75% capacity beginning on Monday, September 21, 2020: retail, restaurants, office buildings, manufacturing, museums, libraries, and gyms. Elective surgeries in those regions may resume, effective immediately. Additionally, nursing homes facilities, assisted living centers, state supported living centers, and other long-term facilities in those regions are allowed to reopen for visitation on September 24, providing they comply with certain health protocols and no new outbreaks occur. Bars are still not able to re-open.
Before you reopen your building - FRESHEN YOUR WATER SYSTEM
The American Water Works Association has posted guidance on flushing water systems of buildings that have sat dormant for weeks on end. Visit the American Water Works website for more information.
CDC Guide to Reopening Buildings
The Centers for Disease Control has full guidelines for building owners opening up their facilities after an extended closure. Visit the CDC website for more information.
- San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce small business resources
- Small Business Administration
- Greater San Marcos Partnership
- U.S. Department of Labor guidance for workplaces on keeping their employees and customers safe from COVID-19
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan through Goldman Sachs and the LiftFund
- Small Business Emergency Loans
- SPLASH Coworking offers members an opportunity to utilize it's local coworking space for remote work and now offers TeleHealth to its membership.
Printable flyers for workplaces
- COVID-19 Local Resources for Employees & Businesses
- COVID-19 Recursos Locales Para Empleados y Negocios
- Do You Know Where that Handle has Been
- CDC - 2019 novel coronavirus fact sheet
- CDC graphic - Keep calm and wash your hands
- Social Distancing Guidelines Infographic
- Texas Department of State and Human Services (TDSHS): What to do flyer