Project Update - October 2020
- 100 Percent design plans are complete.
- Environmental clearance was achieved in November 2019
- City issued Request of Release of Funds to HUD in November 2019 and received Authority to Use Grant Funds in November 2019.
- City currently acquiring easements and right-of-way
- Construction anticipated in late 2020 pending ROW acquisition
- Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) completed March 2018.
- Neighborhood meeting at Calvary Baptist Church June 11, 2018.
- Sand and Gravel Permit approved in October 2019 from Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- US Army Corp of Engineers Section 404 Permit received in October 2019
Schedule and Budget
- Final Design and Environmental Clearance: November 2019
- ROW/Land Acquisition following Environmental Clearance : Mid 2020
- Construction: Follows ROW acquisition. Late 2020
- Required Funding: $8,180,000
- Current Budget: $8,180,000
- CDBG-DR (2019) = $7,179,00
- City = $1,001,000
- Project Manager: Kirk Abbott
About the Project
In response to the Memorial Day Floods and All Saints Floods of 2015, San Marcos has received $33.8M in Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery funds (CDBG-DR). Partial funding for this project was allocated from the CDBG-DR funds.
To learn more about the City’s CDBG Disaster Recovery Program visit www.smtxfloodrecovery.com
This project will improve drainage and mobility along Uhland Road during rain events.
The project includes:
- Full depth reconstruction of County Road and Uhland Road between IH-35 and approximately 200 ft. south of the Aquarena Springs Dr. intersection. The road will be widened from its current variable width to 30 feet between curbs.
- A bike lane will be provided on the north side of the road way between IH-35 Frontage Road and the low water crossing at River Road.
- A stormwater drainage system will be installed along County and Uhland Roads with a new outfall to the Blanco River near the low water crossing at River Road.
- A sidewalk extension up to 10 foot width along Uhland Road to Aquarena Springs Drive.
- The addition of a third bus stop and upgrading two existing bus stops within the project limits.
- Water and wastewater improvements along County Road and Uhland Road.
- A roundabout installation will improve the intersection at Uhland Road and River Road.