Laurie began her service as a 911 Telecommunicator with the Texas State University Police Department in 2007. After graduating from Texas State University with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and a minor in Forensic Psychology, she began her career with San Marcos Police Department in April of 2018. She was promoted to Communications Training Officer/Lead in October of 2016 and then to 911 Shift Supervisor in November of 2018. She holds a Master Telecommunications Operator License by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Communications Training Officer from APCO
- EMD and EFD Certifications by the International Academy of Emergency Dispatch
- CPR Certified through American Heart Association
- NENA Member since 2017
- Family Care Team member since 2018
- Public Education Team member since 2018