Who do I contact in order to buy City real property?
If you are interested in vacant land owned by the City, please contact the City's Development Services Department, Planning Division at 630 East Hopkins Street, San Marcos, Texas 78666 (Second Floor of the Municipal Building) or by telephone at 512-393-8230. Please be ready to provide a street address or County Appraisal District Identification number at the time of your inquiry to the City.

The City has no obligation to entertain request to purchase City owned land. Nonetheless, if the City wishes to entertain a request to purchase land, it must follow procedures set out in the Texas Local Government Code governing sales of real property by municipalities. Upon receipt of your inquiry, the City will conduct an internal review to determine whether the property may be needed for future projects or whether the property is unneeded surplus property. If City staff determines that the property is suitable for disposition, it will seek authorization from the San Marcos City Council to advertise the property for sale to the highest bidder. The City Council reserves the right to accept the highest bid or reject all bids.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to solicit door to door?
2. Who do I contact about my Municipal Court citation?
3. Who do I contact in order to buy City real property?
4. Who do I contact to serve on a board or commission?
5. Who do I contact about zoning/single family occupancy violations?
6. What do I do about a barking dog?
7. What do I do about an overdue library book citation notice?
8. Where do I go to apply for a taxi or limousine permit?
9. Where do I file a citizen complaint?
10. My vehicle was towed who do I contact?