The City of San Marcos, Texas State University and the City of Kyle and the Texas River Protection Association are calling on volunteers to register for the 34th Annual Great Texas River Clean Up on March 2 from 9am to 1pm that will clean all 90 miles of the San Marcos River, including creeks and tributaries that flow into the San Marcos and Blanco Rivers.
Those who would like to participate in the upper San Marcos portion of the annual clean up (Sewell Park to Stokes Park) should visithttps://bit.ly/2H406W2 and select one of the 11 available watershed locations or contact Keep San Marcos Beautiful at 512.393.8419 email@example.com.
To participate in the lower San Marcos River portion (Stokes Park to the Guadalupe River), contact Tom Goynes at 512.787.5574 for more information.
- Purgatory Creek 1- Gravel St and Mitchell St.
- Purgatory Creek 2- 1808 Hunter Rd
- Cottonwood Creek- Far N.W. Corner of Premium outlets behind Zegna Outlet
- Sessom Creek- 151-2 E. Sessom Dr.
- Sink Creek- 1600 N. LBJ Dr.
- Willow Creek – 320 Mariposa St.
- San Marcos River 1- 170 Charles Austin Dr.
- San Marcos River 2- 520 N I-35 Frontage Rd
- Plum Creek- 628 Abundance Lane
- Blanco River Village- Morning Shadow and Newberry Trl
- Five Mile Dam- 4440 S Old Stagecoach Rd
On cleanup day, volunteers will check in at the watershed headquarters at 8:30 a.m., sign in, meet up with their team leaders and receive supplies and instructions.
Each volunteer will be provided with a breakfast taco and pizza for lunch. Shirts are on a first come first served basis.
Event Donors: Carson Properties, Clean Earth Systems, Edwards Aquifer Authority, Guadalupe Blanco River Authority, Greater San Marcos Partnership, H.E.B./Central Market, Honda San Marcos/David Cook, Jacob’s/CH2M, Keep Texas Beautiful, Print My Biz, RDO Equipment, San Marcos Chamber of Commerce, San Marcos Lions Club and Sur Powr Battery.
The cleanup event is sponsored by the Texas River Protection Association, City of San Marcos, Keep San Marcos Beautiful, Habitat Conservation Plan, Texas State University and City of Kyle
For more information to sponsor, contact Amy Kirwin at 512.393.8419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay updated with the Annual Great Texas River Clean Up by liking the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/GreatTexasRiverCleanUp).