The City of San Marcos is looking to fill vacancies on City boards and commissions with volunteers from the community.
Citizens should fill out volunteer interest applications online by Monday, March 27 to be considered for appointment. The application is available on the Boards and Commission page of the City’s website: http://sanmarcostx.gov/boardsandcommissions. Paper copies are available at the City Clerk’s Office, 630 E. Hopkins.
Qualifications, duties and the length of service vary. City Boards and Commissions include:
- Animal Services Advisory Commission (1) *
- Cemetery Commission (1)
- Convention and Visitors Bureau (2)
- Ethics Commission (2)
- Economic Development San Marcos (2) *
- Housing Authority (1)
- Main Street (1)
- Neighborhood Commission (3) *
- Parking Advisory Board (1) *
- Senior Citizen Advisory Board (1)
* Boards with special requirements for some or all positions.
Residents are asked to submit applications by Monday, March 27, 2023. City Council will review the applications and make appointments during the Regular Meeting scheduled for April 4, 2023.
For media inquiries, contact email@example.com.