Get involved and join the City of San Marcos team by volunteering your time and talent to support City programs, projects and events.
Volunteering is an opportunity to make our community better!
Below are a few examples of the various service opportunities.
*Some volunteer positions require pre-requisites such as background check, volunteer training or program acceptance.
- Assist at the San Marcos Public Library
- Search opportunities at the Parks & Rec Dept.
- Get involved with Animal Services
- Volunteer with our WIC (Women's, Infant, Child) Program
- Keep San Marcos Beautiful
- Participate in restoration activities, habitat conservation, and learn the natural world with topic ranging from gardening to monarch conservation
- Ride Along with San Marcos Fire Department (SMFD)
- Enroll in Citizens Fire Academy
- Get your kids (ages 8-11) involved with the Junior Fire Academy
- Learn about the ACT program (Achieving Community Together)
- Enroll in Citizens Police Academy
- Participate in National Night Out
- Crisis Response Team Volunteer Application
- Volunteer time or donate to Blue Santa