911 Shift Supervisors
Mike Aurora911 Shift SupervisorPhone: 512-753-2112Mike began his career as an Emergency Communications Operator in May 2010 for the San Marcos Police Department. In 2012 Mike became an EDQ for EMD and EFD ProQA. In 2013 he became a Communication Training Officer, which allowed him to train new hires and help transition them to be confident and capable TCOs.
Mike was promoted October 2013 to the position of 911 Shift Supervisor. As a 911 Shift Supervisor, Mike, along with 3 other supervisors, are responsible for the day to day floor operations of the Communications Center. These supervisors monitored TCO staff to ensure calls are being answered promptly, emergency services are being dispatched, and good customer service is being provided to citizens of or visitors to San Marcos.
Over the years Mike has earned many certifications:
- Intermediate Telecommunicator Award from TCOLE in May 2012
- Communications Training Officer from APCO Institute in 2014
- Communications Center Supervisor from APCO in April 2014
- EMD and EFD Certifications by the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch (NAED)
- CPR Certification
- TCIC/NCIC and TLETS/NLETS Certifications
- APCO membership since 2014
- ECT-1 Instructor
Rudy Ramirez911 Shift SupervisorPhone: 512-753-2388Rudy joined SMPD’s Communications division in August of 2006 as an Emergency Communications Operator and was promoted to a training officer in 2007. In 2013, he left to join Kyle PD’s dispatch team in order to build on his skills as a leader and develop his abilities as a supervisor. He has since returned to SMPD as a 911 Shift Supervisor.
Laurie Scott911 Shift SupervisorPhone: 512-754-2241
Laurie began her service as a 911 Telecommunicator with the Texas State University Police Department in 2007. After graduating from Texas State University with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and a minor in Forensic Psychology, she began her career with San Marcos Police Department in April of 2018. She was promoted to Communications Training Officer/Lead in October of 2016 and then to 911 Shift Supervisor in November of 2018. She holds a Master Telecommunications Operator License by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Communications Training Officer from APCO
- EMD and EFD Certifications by the International Academy of Emergency Dispatch
- CPR Certified through American Heart Association
- NENA Member since 2017
- Family Care Team member since 2018
- Public Education Team member since 2018